Everyone loves the smell that comes out of a brand new car but the sad part is that it doesn’t stay like that forever and the older it gets, the dirtier your car gets, especially if the car is used to transport your kids and pets. Crushed crackers, dirty hands, spills, car sickness are some of the type of stains that is often found on your car upholstery ruins the interior of the car. Luckily, we have come up with ways that allow you to keep your car upholstery Sydney looking almost as new as it was earlier. Let’s see how.
Vacuuming your Car
Before you start cleaning the upholstery fabric Melbourne, you should start off by vacuuming all the surfaces inside your car. This will allow you to pick up the loose mess that litters the interior of the car.
Here’s how you should properly vacuum your car;
- Use a vacuum cleaner whether dry or wet as this allows in suctioning all the dirt found in the car. You can find a huge variety of car vacuum cleaners pretty easily which are designed to be used easily in your car.
- Use your vacuumed in a way that you clean underneath the seats of the car and also in middle of the creases. For this, you may want to adjust the seats accordingly.
- Clean the floor mats as well as remove them once cleaned and then vacuum underneath them.
- If you have installed a child car seat in your car, make sure you remove it before cleaning as that is where you will find the most dirt like crayons, food and what not.
- If your car’s interior is extremely dirty, it is suggested to rent a steam cleaner which allows to give a deep cleaning to the car upholstery.
What should be used to clean Car Upholstery?
- All Purpose Upholstery Cleaner
You may often be recommended by the car experts to use different cleaners for different parts of the car and you may also often find various types of car cleaners for every part of the car but using an all-purpose cleaner is the best thing you should opt for. This allows you to get a single product rather than putting your money in different cleaners that does the same job.
If you do not want to use all purpose car cleaners for your car, you may also use the below tipis to give you the same result as of the cleaner;
- For fabric upholstery, use one part of water and one part of liquid dishwashing soap.
- You can also use two table spoons of borax, six table spoons of bar soap and 2 cups of hot boiling water. One the mixture has cooled down, you can use it to clean the fabric upholstery.
- To clean the vinyl upholstery, you can use a mixture of water and baking soda as well.